Eggsaster? That's okay, there's always crepe paper...

So many of my friends were attempting this egg yarn craft from Simply Modern Mom for Easter and I thought with the right tute it would be easy peasy right?  I mean it's just yarn, glue and a balloon, how hard is that?  Well as you can see from the picture below, BIG FAT CRAFT FAIL.  It wasn't the tute, the tute was really amazing but I'm going to blame the balloons, they were cheap balloons and the deflated in an hour!  

And so I did this balloon craft from Not Martha and instead of fabric starch (which I couldn't find here and made the mistake of scented fabric starch, the one they spray to iron, well lets just say it only make it smell nice...other than that it was like using water) I used the good old glue and water mix.   They turned out really nice and made a great centerpiece!
Top left image from Simply Modern Mom, other images from Thainie