Easter Craft: Salt Dough Egg Magnet

I wanted an egg painting craft but didn't want to do eggs eggs since I wouldn't know what to do with two dozen boiled eggs.  I also wanted a craft that the kids can take home and keep as a memento.  So I thought of salt dough egg magnets that the kids can paint and I would modpodge and glue a magnet on.  

It was a big hit, not just the kiddies but also the mommies!  Only thing I wished I had used pastel colors but they still look cool!  Best of all, it was really easy to prep.  I used this dough recipe from Busy Bee Kids Crafts but you can also take a look at this old post I did too for more details.  The salt dough recipes are a bit different and I can't really decide yet which one I like but the one from Busy Bee Kids Crafts was easier to dry and bake.  Maybe it's the high salt content?  Well all you do is roll the dough out flat to less than a quarter of an inch thickness and use any oval/circle cookie cutter to cut out and then mould to egg shape.  I used a small glass since my cookie cutters were too big.  Then I let them air dry over night (this also cuz I did them last minute late at night and so I was lazy didn't want to bake them right then) and then in the morning put them in the oven for about 20 minutes at the lowest temp.  It will still need to air dry after painting them since they do soften up again.  Also, we used acrylic paints to paint the eggs, will post a pic of the magnet once finished!