Thainie Gift: Bon Voyage Book



One of my daughter's friend from school is leaving after this school year, her family is moving to another country (sadly this is a regular occurrence when your child is in an international school).  I wanted to find a gift that a couple of her other classmates can join in with too.  

In Thailand, we have a "friendship book", it's a book of blank pages that we pass around to our friends and they decorate some pages to commemorate our friendship, we do this usually when we're about to graduate from high school.  So I thought about putting together a book that her friends can all draw and write their messages in.  But of course that was too simple for me!  I thought why not throw in a book about Thailand so that her and her whole family can enjoy too.  

I picked up this book, When I Grow Up (in Thailand), sold at Asia Books and Kinokuniya.  And my daughter had decorated her page for her friend and I also printed some photos to add into the book as well.  We added stickers and remember that die-cut washi tape, that went perfect in this book!  So we'll pass this to her other friends and they'll get a chance to decorate it too.

Also made it more customized by printing her head and then sticking it onto the kid's head on the book cover.  And there, a wonderful going away gift idea that can be used with other books as well.  *** Of course, we have to mention to the kiddies that this is a very special case and that you shouldn't really write in your other books!!!  Wheww!

Happy crafting! 

When I Grow Up (In Thailand) by Janice Santikarn, 300 baht, ISBN 974-91727-9-5.  Sold at all Asia Books and Kinokuniya bookstores.


No comments:

Post a Comment