Thainie DIY: Washi Your Nyttja

I had searched the web on how to paint IKEA Nyttja frames, I tried sanding before spray painting and painting with acrylics but it just did not turn out right.  The spray paint sorta worked but once sanded it had a rough feel/look once it was sprayed over.  When I tried painting it with acrylic, after it dried it peeled really easily.  So I thought, how about washi tape?  It turned out actually pretty nice!  
 About spray painting or painting, maybe a primer would have worked but I couldn't be bothered now, I love the washi look!

1 comment:

  1. cute idea, I picked up a bunch of them with the same idea... to paint them. Ugh... even with gesso and primer and everything I can think of I've had no luck (and I wasn't busting out the oil based primer either... maybe if it was warmer out to try spraying them outside). I think I'll go your route and try washi and/or cute duct tape!

    ReplyDelete