Thainie Art: Paint Watercolor with Acrylics

Did you know you can paint watercolors with acrylics?  I needed to make a costume for my daughter's international day and she was representing France, so I searched the web and found a cute idea of drawing and coloring on a white tee.  I decided to draw the Eiffel Tower and trees (easy enough right?) but when it came to painting with acrylics I thought it would be too heavy but since it was acrylics, I tried watering it down to create watercolor effect.  So if you would like to try this, I recommend:
  • Start with a little dab of acrylic and work the water into it and you can create an ombre effect by watering it down more.
  • Do little by little, let some parts dry and layer darker or lighter colors in.
  • When done, iron the tee to set the paint so that it won't bleed in the wash.
Loved how it turned out and can't wait to try it again, maybe dinosaurs???

No comments:

Post a Comment