Kids broke your iPad?

Did you ever check out this site "Sh*t My Kids Ruined"?  Well just to be fair, "technically" I'm not sure if my 20 month old son did break it or it just happened to be a glitch while he was operating it?  The screen had totally blacked out but you could still see faint images..barely.  Anyhoo I was gutted!  Hurried over to the Apple store at J Avenue hoping that it would still be under warranty but just my luck (or lack of it) the warranty had just expired--like a month ago!!   It was going to cost 14,000 baht (almost $500) for a replacement!  Practically like buying a new one!!!  You could probably guess my answer and so I hit the Google search engine and found a thread about others that had the same horrific fate.  Came across Tan Telecom, took it in, got it fixed in less than an hour and for less than 2,500 baht ($80)***cue heavenly harp music***!!!!  Love this country!!!!