Kids Room Makeover (or makeunder?)

 I have been itching to paint my children's room since I always feel that the colors were making my kids crazier than usual.  I loved the jungle/under the sea theme and don't get me wrong, I love primary colors but I think for the bedroom it just didn't mesh well.  So I wanted to create a more calmer environment for them and thought light blue skies and grassy fields.  The tree as you can see in the pic was an unplanned addition but there were some bad spots where I had ripped some of the previous coat of paint off and was too lazy to spackle it smooth before painting.  It's amazing how different the room feels now and I think my kids are more calmer too (or it might just be the paint fumes)!  

*** If you would like to makeover any rooms in your home, I suggest using wall paints that are VOC free, matte finish and ask for the type that is easy to clean (just in case your kids go crazy with their crayons).  For this project I used TOA SuperShield paints.  For any wall murals/artwork, I just used crafter's acrylic paints.

*** If you would like to have your children participate in painting their room, I drew the outline of shapes and had my daughter color them in, she did a fantastic job and really enjoyed being part of decorating her room.