Pancakes....

Yes, finally a pancake recipe that actually lives up to the hype!!!  It was like some sort of sweet serendipity that I had been watching Cake Boss this past Friday evening and he was making some yummy looking pancakes!  I'm not so much of a pancake lover but my family loves them and they're easy to make in a big batch and refrigerate for the rest of the week.  

So after a bunch of literally deflated supposedly "the best" recipes, finally the Cake Boss delivered.
Fluffy Pancakes for Sure!!!
Makes around 7-8 nice sized pancakes/about 2 dozen mini pancakes (we like doing these)
  
2 1/2 cups of flour (all purpose flour)
2 BIG pinches of granulated sugar (I did about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons...this is really up to your sweet tooth)
4 teaspoons baking powder (the magical ingredient I believe)
Scant 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (go ahead and live life!  Put an actual teaspoon!) 
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons of butter melted and slightly cooled (yes cooled, you will be making some custard if you put it in hot or warm, I suggest melting in microwave and popping in freezer for a minute or until cool)
2 cups of milk (I will be trying a batch with rice milk and let your know)

The original recipe that I searched on the web didn't have the directions but my pancakes turned out pretty perfect so I will stick to what I did. 

Whisk the eggs in a good sized bowl and add milk, melted butter, sugar, salt, baking powder and flour, yep all in the same bowl!!  Stir until all the flour bits are gone but I still leave the batter just a little lumpy.

Take a laddle or spoon since this batter is slightly thick and drop your pancakes into a nonstick pan and do as you do in cooking pancakes!  Hope this recipe works out for you!!!!