Sew What?: Name Labels

Top-left image from Karaku's Shop and other two from Thainie Creations
Not much of a sewing project but just a bit of sewing at the end.  I saw this on another blog and I wish I could remember which one because it is genius!  All you need is some fabric (I think you can actually buy fabric tape that is all in one but I haven't been able to find it here but you can check out Karaku's Shop for it (I want to buy everything there!).  And so I improvised with cotton fabric and fusible web which worked just as good (if you don't want to go all the way to Chinatown for these supplies/notions, you can visit any Elvira store--no--not mistress of the dark Elvira, but the sewing machine shop Elvira---confusing I know!).

I opted to use fabric markers from Crayola since I tried fabric paint but it was too runny, you can easily buy fabric paint at The Emporium, there's a good selection but when I tried it on the stamp, it just was a big mess.  I think I will have to try putting the paint on a sponge/stamp pad thing next time.  The stamp set was a gift but you can find them at Daiso or The Loft.

So here's what I did:

1) Color the stamp in with the fabric markers, the stamp came out very clear and clean.   

2) Heat set it with an iron.

3) Iron on your fusible web on the back of the fabric.

4) Cut out labels.

5) Iron on labels to piece of clothing.

6) You can either leave it but the sides may fray if you're using a piece of fabric and not the fabric tape.  I think you can cut the sides with some pinking shears so that it will help it not fray.  

And presto!  Easy and cute labels! 

No comments:

Post a Comment